Stop working with inadequate Requirements Engineering tools. Choose a solution that works for you and your organisation. Which tool fits your organisation, your products and your processes? As an independent party, Saforama can guide you in your quest for the appropriate tool.
Having the right tools, does not mean immediately getting the best out of them. Off-the-shelf tools are usually generic, with functionality and configuration to accommodate a wide range of customers. You will need to forge the tools to fit to your organisation and processes. Of course you need to knw whan can be configured and how this is best done.
Saforama can help you with such customisations. Some examples of some realised projects:
- Making reuse of requirements and design possible in an application that does not support this by default.
- Interfacing IBM Rational DOORS with Atlassian JIRA; linking requirements in DOORS to issues in JIRA
- Traceability management (backup and restore of requirements links)
- Traceability reporting in an graphical manner to provide an uncluttered overview
Not all Requirements Management application offer the same level of customization. Luckily, we can often find a workable solution.
Some examples of some realised customizations:
- Dynamic website dashboards with status overview of requirements and testing progress
- Automatically generating a large set of documents using the Rational Publishing Engine (e.g. nightly)
- Highly configurable application backup and restore solutions
Many organisations are still wrestling with inadequate tooling for the work that needs to be done. Requirements Engineering is one of those areas where this occurs. Sometimes the tooling is too heavy or complex for what the team is trying to accomplish, but more often, the tools are too light, not up to the needs of the processes applied. Office applications, such as Microsoft Word or Excel are rarely a good option.
Saforama has experience with numerous applications for managing requirements, such as:
- Siemens Polarion
- IBM Rational DOORS and DOORS NG (including IBM Rational Publishing Engine)
- Cognition Cockpit
- TopTeam Analyst
- HP ALM / Quality Center
Feel free to get in touch if the application your organization is using is not among these.
If your tooling is set up, configured, extended if necessary, and working appropriately, your teams will need to work with it. This will usually be an iterative process, to match our TOP approach. They need to know what they can expect from the tool and what is (for the moment) beyond reach. How is it used? How does it fit in the process? Through training or coaching, Saforama can help you get the engine running smoothly.